The North East Emerging Museum Professionals Group (NEEMPG) is a North East based group for those in the early stages of their museum, art gallery and heritage career. The purpose of our community group is to build and maintain meaningful connections within and across different backgrounds, disciplines, and institutions. We hope to achieve such relationships by working with other organizations, in the past we have worked with Newcastle University, GEM, Museums North and Volunteer Makers. We're open to discussions around future collaborations and can be easily contacted about this. NEEMPG are an energetic alliance of emerging museum professionals wishing to share opportunities, knowledge and experience, we exist to help emerging professionals establish themselves within the sector and do so by encouraging honest discussions and peer support.
NEEMPG is supported by a voluntary committee who believe in the importance of museums and cultural institutions to society and are dedicated to pursuing the shared interests of its members.
Chair: Hannah Mather
Secretary: Sarah Pearson
Communication Coordinators: Karen Johnston & Gemma Scott
Events Coordinator: Tina Georgi
NEEMPG aims to:
1) Provide a fun and enthusiastic environment for its members by welcoming new ideas and allowing them to comfortably ask questions, give honest advice and receive support.
2) Represent and unify the diverse roles within the sector while encouraging professional development.
3) Understand and respond to changing needs within the sector.
4) Share advice and good practice.
5) Encourage participation in professional development opportunities which we will identify and promote, especially those in the North East.
6) Engage with museum professionals across all stages of their career.
7) Connect with other professional groups on a local and national level.
Join our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NEEMPG/
Also follow us on Twitter: @NEEMPG